To make sure you and your family maintain positive oral health, you should invest in preventative dental care. Preventative Dentistry is incredibly important. According to information that has been published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 15 and 20 percent of children have cavities that have not been treated. Our team at Lovett Dental Corpus Christi can guide you through the preventive dentistry services we offer.
What Takes Place During a Preventative Dentistry Visit?
When you arrive at our office for a preventative dental visit, there are several tasks that we are going to complete. These include:
- Reviewing your dental history and see if anything has changed since the last time we met with you
- Deciding whether or not to take X-rays of your teeth to make sure they are straight
- General brushing of each of your individual teeth
- Flossing in between your teeth
- Applying fluoride to each of your individual teeth
- Finally, the dentist is going to come in and take a look at each of your individual teeth to see if there are any issues
He recommended all of our patients invest in regular teeth cleanings every six months. If there are any acute issues regarding your teeth, we will review them with you during the visit. Some of the issues that we may address include cavities, ceilings, crowns, and dental implants.
Why Is Preventative Dental Care Important?
There are several important reasons why everyone has to make sure they visit the dentist on a regular basis. First, the primary goal of preventive dental care is to identify issues that the patient may have overlooked. For example, you may have cavities in your teeth and you don’t even realize exist. If these go unchecked, then this could lead to long-term damage to your teeth.
Furthermore, plaque and tartar are going to build-up on the surfaces of your teeth even if you don’t brush and floss regularly. Therefore, you need the help of a trained professional to remove this build-up from your teeth before it leads to damage.
Finally, preventative dentistry is also important because it allows us to take a closer look at your gums as well. In addition to taking care of your teeth, you also have to make sure that you take care of your gums. We can help you with this as well.
What Are the Benefits of Preventative Dentistry Services?
When you decide to come to Lovett Dental Corpus Christi for preventative dental visits, there are a number of major benefits that you are going to enjoy.
- In addition to cleaning your teeth, we are also going to review other oral health care issues with you. For example, we can discuss implants, dental braces, clear aligners, and other oral health care services that may benefit you.
- Because we have connections with some of the top names in the industry, we can provide you with the dental care that you need at a price you can afford.
- We use the latest equipment in the field and follow the best practices in our industry to provide you with the best healthcare possible.
Rely on our team for all of your dental care needs.
Contact Lovett Dental Corpus Christi for Preventative Dentistry
If you are looking for preventative dental care in the local area, look no further than Lovett Dental Corpus Christi. We will make sure that we take care of all of your oral health care needs, including preventative dentistry services. Our friendly, professional, dentists are here to provide dental care to your entire family. Contact us today at 361-986-1117 to make an appointment.